Resources for individual policyholders, employees, retirees and members.
Brokers and Employers
Resources for Brokers and Employers
Retirement & Income Solutions
Resources for plan sponsors, brokers and employees.
Worldwide Benefits Customers
Resources for Brokers, Employers and Expatriate Employees
Learn about the benefits and resources available to policyholders impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Here, you’ll be able to access resources, benefit coverage, and FAQs for employers and brokers.
We have developed comprehensive FAQs that provide information surrounding our Retirement & Income Solutions business and ways to contact MetLife:
Here, you’ll be able to access resources, benefit coverage, and FAQs for employers, brokers and members.
How is MetLife meeting its customer needs during this time?
We are focused on ensuring business operation continuity during this time.
MetLife remains committed to ensuring our customers get the service they expect, maintain the coverages they need and that we process all claims for all products in a timely manner. We are working with our customers in affected markets to promptly address their questions on coverage, claims, and treatment. This is being done on a local level to observe all regulations, adhere to insurance policy terms, and ensure our customers can easily and quickly engage with us as necessary.
Are there any plan or policy limitations that would impact a COVID-19 related claim?
Please know that each claim received will be reviewed consistent with policy terms and applicable insurance law.
- Life Insurance: For Group Life Insurance (Basic, Optional, Dependent, GUL and GVUL), there are no policy limitations that would limit a claim payment resulting from COVID-19, provided the individual met all other certificate requirements.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): AD&D policies do not cover diseases. Therefore, death due to COVID-19 is excluded, as are all deaths caused by disease.
- Hospital Indemnity: Because COVID-19 is a viral infection it would be considered a sickness and the Sickness Hospital benefits (admission and confinement) would be payable provided the individual met all other certificate requirements.
- Accident Insurance: The definition of an “accident” includes that it is not a sickness so this condition would not be covered under our standard accident plan for COVID-19. However, it would be covered if the accident plan included Sickness Hospital benefits (admission and confinement) and would be payable provided the individual met all other certificate requirements.
- Critical Illness/Cancer Insurance: COVID-19 must be listed as a “covered condition” for a benefit to be payable under the critical illness plan. Some plans may include COVID-19 as a covered condition in the Infectious Disease category if the group client chooses to include it. There is often a hospital stay requirement.
- Disability Insurance: There are no policy limitations that would apply for COVID-19. MetLife will evaluate each claim in accordance with the terms of the policy and use claim processes already in place for disability claims.
Have more questions?
We encourage you to please contact your Account Executive if you should have any additional questions or concerns.