Health Savings Account (HSA)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Help your employees to
Dependent Care FSA (DC-FSA)
As more and more employees
Limited Purpose FSA (LP-FSA)
Transportation expenses continue
An employer-funded benefit that can help your employees cover certain out-of-pocket healthcare costs.
Lifestyle Spending Accounts (LSA)
Employees with high-deductible health plans can leverage a tax-advantaged HSA to cover out-of-pocket health expenses, all while accumulating tax-free earnings for the future.
An FSA will help your
Dependent costs can add up, but with a DC-FSA, your employees can use their pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses, making life a little easier.
MetLifes Limited Purpose FSA
MetLife Commuter Benefits help
With a tax-advantaged HRA, you can offer an employer-funded health benefit, with control over your level of contribution and the expenses for which funds may be used.
An LSA5 provides your employees with money to use for lifestyle-related expenses, allowing them to save money and improve their overall well-being.
Savings That Add Up
Health Savings & Spending Accounts can help you save up to 30% on qualified expenses.8
1. An HSA is an account owned by the employee. Unlike the FSAs and Commuter Benefits, the employer does not sponsor the HSA. The employer does, however, sponsor a high deductible health plan and allows employees to make pre-tax salary reduction contributions to the HSA.
2. MetLife Internal Analysis (last updated February 2022). Cash savings balances in an HSA earn interest through a funding agreement issued to the custodian bank, are not FDIC insured, and are subject to the financial strength and claims paying ability of Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company. The interest rate earned on the assets allocated to the funding agreement option are declared to the custodian and are guaranteed for at least 12 months from the date the interest rate is declared. There may be different interest rates applicable to different allocations depending upon when the allocation was made to the funding agreement option. The funding agreement option provides the investor with a stable rate of return over time. Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company may earn a spread from assets allocated to the funding agreement option available under HSAs.
3. It is the employee who determines whether to invest funds, and the employee selects those investments from the platform made available through MetLife.
4. Includes a wide range of medical expenses as defined in Section 213(a) of the Internal Revenue Code.
5. The MetLife LSA must be sold in conjunction with the HSA
6. MetLife EBTS 2022
7. MetLife EBTS 2019
8. Savings are based on estimated Federal, State and Local tax rate of 30%. The amount participants can save in taxes will vary depending on various factors, such as the amount they set aside in the accounts, their annual earnings, whether or not they pay Social Security taxes, the number of exemptions and deductions they claim on their tax returns, their tax brackets and their state and local tax regulations. Participants should check with their own tax advisors for information on how their participation will affect their tax savings.